Features & Benefits – Extruded Aluminium
All Kingfisher Louvre products are manufactured from extruded aluminium. Aluminium extrusion is the process in which aluminium alloy material is forced through a die with a specific cross-sectional profile. All Kingfisher products have a specific die, used to create the profiles of our products.
All Kingfisher extrusions are produced to industry standard, BS 1474, which is widely recognised as a mark of assurance and quality. There are several reasons why, as a customer, you should be using extruded aluminium louvres.
- Aluminium is around a third of the weight of steel but due to the extrusion process, it’s incredibly strong. This means that Kingfisher products will be lightweight enough for manual handling, but strong enough to withstand the demands put on a louvre system throughout its life.
- Thanks to the strength of extruded aluminium, Kingfisher’s products have far better span capabilities then an inferior (for example roll-formed aluminium) material. This means that mullion centres can be increased, as can the distance between vertical fixing points on the mullions. This means less provision needs to be made for additional structural support, which is a cost saving as well as a time saving from an installation point of view.
- Aluminium extrusions do not rust and therefore offer excellent corrosion resistance, something which is usually enhanced during Kingfisher production as most products are supplied powder coated or anodised.
- From an environmental point of view, aluminium is a sustainable metal as it can be recycled infinitely with no degradation of its properties. Kingfisher recycle all its scrap aluminium so none of this will go to landfill.
- Louvre installations are often at ground level, this may mean at times people/objects may lean on the louvre blades, there could be bumps or accidents with vehicles, but the use of an extruded aluminium system means that damage is less likely. This will reduce the need for the ongoing provision of replacements and ultimately prevent additional costs during the product’s lifespan.
For more information or detail on the Kingfisher product range please give our team a call on 01773 814 102 or alternatively you can email email@example.com. You can also follow us on LinkedIn.